ok, so every year there are a few sifi movies that come out, and when you walk out of them, it leaves you with a few puzzling questions. so here are the top ten of these specal films of the past decade.
and please , i wrote this doing geomitry homework, so forgive my no good grammer at some points.
have any of you guys seen this wonderfully creepy sifi film yet?
one of the best overlooked gems of 2010, and its a movie that, well i dont want to spoil it, but its a wonderfull riff off the zombie genra. but not quite.
9. down we go ,at number 9 we have moon.
sam rockwell channels his inner awsome, as an alone spaceman on the moon, pritty much chillaxin with a not gay kevin spacey robot. the twist is pritty WTF and the ending leaves you compleatly satisfied, yet wanting more.
kudos to david bowies son.
8. im going to get crap for this, but i am legend.
will smith was good, but that dog deserved an award, i meen,*spoilers* when the fresh prince had to put her down, we all cried,*end spoilers* but the point is this movie made me think, maby not what it wanted me to, but it made me think about human greed, and the consiquenses of wanting to extend your life. plus i thought of about 3 way beter endings.
7. ok i know what your thinking WTF IS DARKKNIGHT DOING ON THIS LIST??
well it was inteligent in its design and exicution, and it shows, but it makes you wonder about how far would you go to stop people, would you break your moarals? become someone you cant even look in the mirror any more ? all for the sake of people , that dont even respect you? things like that.
6.inception. well, why not get this one out of the way now, i agree with carlyle 100% that this movie is like a really nice puzzle , but its missing a few pecies. it deserves a spot on this list for the predictable ending, and the endless debates with my friends.
(i still say it was batman three, but they just cut out the part at the end were christan bale wakes up)
5. now trust me, i am the last person to defend m. night, he took a shit on one of my favorate shows growing up, and he will always be dead to me for that, however , you can't deny that he made kind of a kool suspense film with the village. i think he did a good job crafting a period peice , that ultimatly leads up to the greatest ,or the worst twist ever, depending on your point of view. either way, it makes you think.
wait what? this 2004 film based on an old anime came out in 2004 to mixed reviews, and almost no one know what it is, and thats a shame because its one of the coolest comic book movies ever made, that has an enduring message, that actualy meens somthing, expeshaly now. and the ending. oh god, the ending,*spoilers* everyone dies kinda sorta not really, ok actualy the all turn into organic lighting that goes from planet to planet making new life .*/spoilers*
ok the ending is crazy, but it has a great message that really makes you ponder the meaning of life.
plus it has a really cool fight scene in the middle.
3. a no brainer. do i even need to describe it? im always baffled how it never appears on anyones "best of the decade" lists.
it has one of the most original plot since the matrix, and is just plain cool. its a smart thriller , and clive owens best work.evar. if you havent seen it go check it out.
but its on this list for a reason. the ending leaves some wondering about human nature , and the riddles of life, and of course, religion.
seriously check it out.
2. i dont care what you say, this is THE best zombie move of all time. its dark, gritty, has human charactors you can actualy feel for an relate to, a rockin soundtrack, and grat direction. but the best thing about this movie, that raises it above most other zombie films, is that it has an ending, you get a feeling of conclusion at the end, that everything will be ok. (i know there was a sequil, and wile it was suprisingly good, i dont really consider it a true sequil to the original, due to the fact that none of the original characters return.) but the whole movie really forces you to sit down and think, how far would you go to protect people, what would you do, ect..(the walking dead comic too these same points and elivated them to an entirly new level, really go check out that comic.)
1. how could you not have seen this coming?
what can i say about this movie that hasn't already been said? its an amazing one man show with striking effects , charactor development, meaningfull subtext, and a realistic bittersweet ending that had me cheering at the end.
seriously, it was really awkward in that theater.
anyways. i walked out of it so happy and fuffiled, i wanted to see it again imetiatly after, so i went ahead and bought a ticket for a later showing that same day. district nine made me think all about prejudice and hate, and made me wonder
what would that halo movie look like?