If it's crap ... We'll tell you
Welcome toThe Spill Movie Community
Sign Upor Sign In
by Seth "Spicolli"
Tags: Class, Fassbender, First, James, Marvel, McAvoy, Michael, X-men, audio, review, More…spill, spill.com
Join The Spill Movie Community
Wish I could get detailed on what I saw in this movie last night, but WOW whoever decided to write this script REALLY changed it to whatever the hell they felt like it lol. Its not going by the comics by any means, but it had some pretty good action and actually kept my attention which if it's got a lame story or it doesn't keep momentum-i literally fall asleep. Another thing i'll point out is the Russians did NOT make that helmet for him lol. I agree with these guys though that it's very much a sequel but all in all its a matinee if you just want to see good action, and some people dressed up in super hero costumes- also Kevin bacon.
I have read and been told that there were plans to make a fourth film they even had some scenes filmed already. I believe the storyline was suppose to involve either Apocalypse. There were supposed to be some sentinels as well.
I think the reason they never went along with it was because it would have cost too much to make and they already had plans for the two prequels.They also had issues with the casting. I think they wanted Rodrigo Santoro to play Gambit.
@Rabid Chicken OK, before I start I want to say this is just a friendly debate so don’t feel offended. : )1) I always felt that there are two tiers of character in these films, the main ones and the background characters, I felt Angel was a means to an end that he fulfilled and Colossus was a background character. 2) James Marsden who played Cyclops wanted to get out of his contract so he could be in Superman Returns and after focusing on Rogue in the first film, then Rogue and Iceman in the second I enjoyed seeing Iceman with Kitty who had been a background character until hen. 3) I felt that they finally got Storm right. 4) Juggernaut’s line kicks ass! 5) Iceman is the student of Xavier, Pyro is the disciple of Magneto, this was a pseudo Xavier/Magneto fight (before First Class) and to me this is the best fight in the series. 6) I feel that character development is the cornerstone of the X-Men films there’s less here but it’s still here. I admit that this damn film has it’s problems, Xavier becomes a manipulative bastard who brainwashed Jean, Magneto turns into a bumbling fool at the end, killing off or neutralising the majority of characters and of course, at least in comparison to the previous films, a whole lot less character development. But all in all it’s a good bookend to the series. X2 makes me feel depressed and wanting more story, Last Stand makes me feel like there’s a good sense of closure.
You know, after seeing this, I don't think I like Thor as much anymore.
The entire Xmen Movie series including this one is plagued by underdeveloped characters.
But apart from that Xmen 3 did suck above all others. The only bad thing about Origins was what they did to Deadpool apart from that it was a superior film.
@Kyle Roger and Happy Birthday Roboto
Allow me to school you both on some of the reasons why X-men 3 sucks donkey balls.
1) Way too many fucking underdeveloped characters, we have so many mutants in this film but you hardly no any of them. Angel and Colossus are heavily not used to the fullest.
2) Cyclops and Rogue get the shaft, Cyclops gets killed (off screen for fucks sake!) in the first 10 minutes and Rogue dissappers and comes back at the end briefly but is given nothing too do.
3) Halie Berry still sucks as Storm, she wanted a bigger role in the film, but she just sucks even more.
4) Juggernaut saying ''I'm the Juggernaut bitch!!''
5) Lame use of mutant powers e.g. the Iceman versus Pyro fight. Pyro is pretty much a Green Lantern, but instead of a power ring he can shape fire into anything he wants. Iceman's powers are also similar, he can create ice and shape it into anything he wants, these to characters with cool powers fight each other and what do we get... a lame power struggle.
5) Jean grey as Phoenix: Mutant power: reduce everthing to confetti, its the fucking Phoenix, I wanted to see her burn shit!!!
6) This film was all about the powers and special effects instead of the focusing on the characters and how they develop.
There are other reasons why X-men: The Last Stand sucks, but I won't go into it too much.
© 2013 Created by The Spill Crew.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.