What I adore about Watchmen as a whole, and I think I can speak for everyone, is how deep it is. Seriously, you could decipher it for hours and STILL find another well of themes and allusions to ponder about (that's why multiple readings of it is ESSENTIAL). Referring to cumonass's rant, even though he's 99.9% wrong all the time, he did make one valid point (the 0.1%): it IS trying to educate us. But, to go back to the other 99.9%, he's wrong about how it's not for our entertainment. At least for me personally, it most certainly is, because of all those themes and allusions I mentioned about earlier. It's entertaining for me because of how deep it is.