If it's crap ... We'll tell you
I’m probably the worst person to ask this question right now, since I haven’t even seen The Dark Knight Rises yet, but from the 7 Batman movies that have so far been released, which are your favorite villains?
1) Heath Ledger’s Joker – I’m pretty sure most people are gonna have this as their number 1. I’ve talked a lot about this character on my most recent blog ‘Top 5 Villains of the 2000s’ so I’m not gonna mention why I’m so in love with this performance here.
2) Aaron Eckhart’s Two-Face – Really loved how brilliantly they developed this character over just one film and how tragically they ended his story. Also appreciated that they made him a burn victim instead of the whole ‘chemical accident’ thing.
3) Liam Neeson’s Ra’s Al Ghul – This was a villain I hardly knew anything about before watching this movie, and in my opinion he’s much more interesting in Nolan’s film than he is in any other incarnation.
4) Jim Carrey’s The Riddler – As annoying as he could be at times, I have to admit that Carrey was the perfect choice to play this character. For what it was trying to be, this performance was pretty damn good. And his costume looked awesome.
5) Danny Devito’s The Penguin – In my opinion, this is probably Batman’s most boring villain. Devito’s portrayal of him, however, was so disgusting, vile, perverted, and creepy that I just had to take notice.
This list might change after I actually watch TDKR. Or at least, I fucking hope it does. You better be awesome, Tom Hardy.
1) The Joker (Heath Ledger)
2) Ra's Al Ghul
3) Two-Face (Aaron Eckhart)
6) Catwoman (Michelle Pfieffer)
I would include Anne Hathaway's incredible portrayal of Selina Kyle in my top three, but she was more of an ally than a villain.